Distinguish between traditional, personal, and strategic selling.
Student Success Criteria
View the grading rubric for this deliverable by selecting the “This item is graded with a rubric” link, which is located in the Details & Information pane.
You are the regional sales manager for International Herb Express (IHE) which is a large, US-based spice & herbs supplier. IHE sells to other businesses that purchase bulk spices and spice blends for use in their end products. The primary customers are baking and soup mix corporations that sell to other businesses, for example, bakeries, restaurants, other food-service, and regional grocery chains. IHE is launching a new spice blend that reflects a more diverse cultural & ethnic flavor profile than IHE’s traditional offerings.
The abridged marketing strategy for this new spice blend is to target both current customers, but also to reach new customers that are target regions with higher ethnic diversity and/or the more adventurous “foodies” market. The marketing efforts will focus on taste testing, sampling, and on-site promotion. IHE is launching this marketing plan to help create a product offering that is not as commodity-driven (as most spices and herbs are the same quality no matter where they are purchased) and can potentially offer higher profit margins.
It is important to note that spices and other ingredients are raw goods and traded as commodities. The raw price for these goods changes on a day-to-day basis. Pricing is based on classic supply and demand, though nature is a key contributor to the supply–extreme weather as well as health of crops have a direct impact on the supply chain and access to the raw goods.
The VP of Sales & Marketing has asked you to prepare a memo that recommends a selling approach to the sales and marketing executive team for the new product spice blend. You will need to evaluate the 3 major selling styles and explain which style would work best for this new product sales plan. Additionally, the recommendation includes the sales approach to meet the goals of the marketing plan. The memo should suggest a statement about ethics as it relates to sampling of product and maintaining integrity of recipes used in taste testing and sampling.
Your recommendation should include:
- A review of each of the three selling styles: traditional, personal, and strategic.
- Recommend a style for taste testing, sampling, & on-site promotion.
- Include ethics statement on integrity and how to spend and verify expenditures.
- Identify ways the sales-customer relationship can add value through this new product line.
Question: Common Selling Styles
- During this research assignment, you are to create a 3-page (minimum) double-spaced research paper that has utilized at least three reference sources. This paper must consist of a topic associated with the course work, i.e.: Ethics in CJ , Categories of Crime and Sources of Crime Date , Causes of Crime , The Role of Police , The Structure of Courts in the US , Court Procedures After Arrest , Punishment & Sentencing , Community Corrections , Juvenile Corrections . Use your first page to fully describe the topic you’ve selected, then research a case within the CJ system that can explain how your topic is carried out within the CJ system.
- This is a five essay questions,. Response to the question in totality. Use complete sentences to articulate your argument.
- Discusses the court process of punishment and sentencing. Answer the following questions based on sentencing
- Sexual Assault Laws
- all three levels of government can prevent or disrupt this attack here in the U.S.
- explain the difference between a halfway house, community-based correctional facilities, and work release programs.
- Parole Officers
- imagine you are training a new human service worker on the intake and assessment process at a correctional facility. You must outline the elements of intake interviewing and explain the skills that it will take to facilitate the assessment process with clients.