focus on expanding knowledge on raising long-term capital from various sources to finance entrepreneurial projects. The financing method is generally tied to the firm’s life cycle. For example, start-up firms are often financed by angel investors, venture capital funds, crowdfunding, debt or combination of these sources. As firms grow, they may want to “go public” and raise funds through an initial public offering, which is called an IPO.To better understand entrepreneurial finance, evidence of problems and how to deal with such problems in the face of advancement in technology, you will have the opportunity to:
- look for a peer-reviewed article on crowdfunding, venture capital funds, or angel investments (please exclude articles on debt financing and IPOs),
- review the article and respond to the following questions:
- What corporate finance problem is the article addressing?
- What method of study (qualitative, quantitative, or mixed study) does the author use to address the problem?
- What are the significant findings or ideas of the study?
- What is the conclusion of the study? Do the findings support the conclusion?
- What are the strengths and limitations of the study?
- Make a proposal for future research on the topic that needs to be investigated.