This week’s reading provides overview of criminal justice as a non-system, law enforcement, judiciary process and corrections. After reviewing the reading for week 7, discuss/debate with your classmates about the areas in which you submit police departments have been found to be defective or deficient concentrating on i.e., constitutional due process, civil rights, use of deadly force and police brutality, abuse of discretion, corruption and police-community relations. In doing so, generalize about any possible solutions to these problems and reforming the criminal justice system.
Question: Non-System, Law Enforcement, Judiciary Process & Corrections
- During this research assignment, you are to create a 3-page (minimum) double-spaced research paper that has utilized at least three reference sources. This paper must consist of a topic associated with the course work, i.e.: Ethics in CJ , Categories of Crime and Sources of Crime Date , Causes of Crime , The Role of Police , The Structure of Courts in the US , Court Procedures After Arrest , Punishment & Sentencing , Community Corrections , Juvenile Corrections . Use your first page to fully describe the topic you’ve selected, then research a case within the CJ system that can explain how your topic is carried out within the CJ system.
- This is a five essay questions,. Response to the question in totality. Use complete sentences to articulate your argument.
- Discusses the court process of punishment and sentencing. Answer the following questions based on sentencing
- Sexual Assault Laws
- all three levels of government can prevent or disrupt this attack here in the U.S.
- explain the difference between a halfway house, community-based correctional facilities, and work release programs.
- Parole Officers
- imagine you are training a new human service worker on the intake and assessment process at a correctional facility. You must outline the elements of intake interviewing and explain the skills that it will take to facilitate the assessment process with clients.