Warren Buffet is the best investor on the planet. Not many would disagree with this statement. In his 2019 letter to Berkshire Hathaway stockholders, and in many of his letters to stockholders in past years, he speaks in detail about the accounting presentation of the results of Berkshire, and the impact of changes in accounting (GAAP) requirements on the reported results of Berkshire Hathaway. First, what were two such observations from the 2019 letter? Second, what do you think that Buffet’s attention to accounting issues implies for students studying finance? Said another way, is it important for students of finance to understand and interpret financial statements beyond just being able to find significant items such as Total Revenues or EPS?
Question: Warren Buffett
- Ethical dilemmas are often portrayed in movies. The Ethical Dilemma Movie Writing Assignment requires students to access a movie from the list below, and then write an analysis of the film identifying each character listed here for that movie with one main ethical system.
- (no title)
- Discuss intermediate sanctions and their effectiveness. Do you believe these are appropriate sanctions? Why or why not?
- Issues In Survey Research
- Design A Domestic Violence Support Group
- IG Res Assignment
- Consider The Potential Conflict Between Corporate Social Responsibility And Ethics While Maximizing Share Holder Wealth.
- Project On The Surveillance State Is “Facial Recognition And Fear”.